Step 1 - Download the installation files
Download the License Server
- Create a free Allplan Connect account. Register here
- Login to Allplan Connect – at the top of the website click on the cloud icon to go to the downloads page
- Next to Search, in the Select Software drop down menu, choose License Server (1). Leave the rest blank and click on the magnifying glass icon to search (2).
- Click on the Download button (3) under the latest license server version
- Read through the setup information and click on Download Zip to download files.
- Next to search, in the Select Software drop down menu, choose Allplan and click to search
- Download the latest version
Step 2 - Setup File Location
*This step is required if your end users will be saving their projects and standards to the server. They can alternatively have all local installations. They would then need to save projects to the server manually. Setting up/linking to a server location allows everyone to access all projects.
Setup the shared folders
- Select the central file storage folder where all projects will be saved and accessed – this is done in Windows Explorer on your server and is a location of your choosing.
- Make sure this folder provides read and write access to all users
- You will indicate the location of this folder during installation
- Allplan will create additional folders within this location that will be used by end users.
Step 3 - License Server Installation and Activation
Install the License Server
- You must install and setup the license server before installing Allplan on user machines.
- Extract the License Server download file somewhere on the server and run the DoWn-License_Server_Setup.exe file.
Activate the Allplan license(s)
- Start the license server by opening the License Settings program
- Go to the License Activation area
- Enter (or copy and paste) your Product Key and click Activate License.
- If you have more than one product activation key make sure to enter each one, click activate and proceed to the next.
Start the license service
- You must run the CodeMeter driver in order to start communicating licenses to the end users
- In Windows start menu go to CodeMeter > CodeMeter Control Center
- In the dialog box click WebAdmin at the bottom right
- Select Settings > Server > Access server in the Network Server area and click Activate
- Click Apply
Step 4 - User installation
Install Allplan on user machine
*If you have workgroup the first computer you install Allplan on will be the administrator for the workgroup. You can later assign more administrators.
** You must install Allplan on the first computer on a user profile that has full administrative rights. All subsequent Allplan installations can be on any user profile.
- Extract the Allplan download file either on the client machine or somewhere accessible.
- Double click on Allplan.exe to run the installation
- When prompted to select a license file click Use active license
- For Workgroup access - Only if purchased, when prompted check the box to install with workgroup. If not purchased, leave this option unchecked.
- Browse to the shared folder locations for the Central file storage folder
- Note: you can also install with an option to save files locally
Add user profiles to Workgroup Manager*
- On the administrator computer open the services manager called Allmenu
- Go to the Workgroup Manager drop-down menu and select Administer Users
- In the pop up dialog box right click inside the dialog box and click on new user
- Add all user profiles who will be using workgroup manager.
- Under user group you can define administrator rights
Link server license on user machine (optional)
*The user machine should find the license automatically. If not, follow the steps below. These steps can also be used to assign privileges and order of license usage to different users.
- Open the services manager called Allmenu
- This may be found as a desktop icon or you can use Windows Search
- Go to the Utilities drop down menu and select License settings
- You do not need to activate the license on the user machine – this should be done on the server
- Go to License Selection
- Here you can prioritize licenses if several are available, you can see how many licenses you have, how many are in use and who is using them.
- Check the box Find license server automatically to find the license server.
- Alternatively, you can input the server name or IP address directly.
NOTE: If a firewall is active on the user machine you must enable port 22350 for TCP and UDP and/or enable CodeMeter.exe as an exception.
Common Troubleshooting Solutions
The following articles can be found on Allplan Connect to help with common troubleshooting issues. There are many more FAQs and articles on Connect. You can also contact support with problems or questions via phone at 1-844-4-ALLPLAN or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Login to your Allplan Connect account to access the links below.
- License server installation failed
- License activation is still not possible
- License service is not running
- User machine cannot find a license off the license server
- Error message; “This license is no longer available”, “…runtime system not installed”, “… start error 102”.
- Allplan does not start on user machine