Question: I received the following message during installation of the license server "installation failed", how can I fix this?
Answer: Check and perform the following items
- The license server must be installed on a 64 bit windows license server; it will not work on 32 bit system.
- Make sure the license server setup is saved locally on the machine and is not executed over a network.
- Stop the real time check of your virus scanner or temporarily turn off the virus scanner during installation.
- Optionally turn off firewalls - A reboot of the server may be required
- Run the *.exe file via the context menu -> run as administrator
- If the license server installation still fails the reason could be the .NET framework. License server uses .NET framework 4.6 or newer. If there are components missing the setup will automatically try to install them. This happens in the background. Allplan installation will automatically connect to the Microsoft webpage to download and install any missing files (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=397708 ). If a proxy server is blocking this page the download cannot happen and the license server installation fails. In these cases you will have to configure the proxy server settings to allow the Microsoft URL as trustworthy. You can also try to install .NET Framework manually from the Microsoft website. Once done, go through the installation again and it should now work properly.
For older license servers (i.e. 2008 R2):
If the license server installation still fails and the setup stays at 50%, then the reason is usually .NET framework. Try to install the .NET version in advance from Microsoft Download.
After successful installation of the license server you will have to connect via the internet again in order to activate the license. If using proxy allow access of the following URLs as well: